How can Qover help protect your TENWAYS e-bike?
If you have trouble on the road (out of power, puncture, theft, accident, etc.), Qover* will come and repair your bike on the spot free of charge, and if necessary, will take you and your bike home.
*Assistance service is only available in Belgium, France, Germany, and the Netherlands, subject to the specific insurance plan of the selected country.
*Qover is responsible for implementing the corresponding assistance, please contact Qover according to your own insurance plan.
Although you locked your bike properly it's been stolen? Qover refunds its full value (deductible might apply). No depreciation of your insured limit during 3 years.
Qover pays for repairs to your bike further to material damage (e.g. battery) caused by an accident, vandalism, fire, flood, and other external events (deductible might apply).
What is theft insurance?
Qover insures the bike against theft and damage caused by theft in the event of theft or attempted theft, as well as theft or attempted theft further to assault.
What is material damage insurance?
Qover covers material damage to the insured bike:
1. Accidental damage caused by external forces or by yourself;
2. Damage caused by vandalism;
3. Damage caused by contact with animals or by natural events such as fire or flood.
In which region is the insurance available?
Now e-bike insurance is available in Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
What are your obligations?
1. The bike must be locked with a bike chain that is either approved by VdS (class A+ or B+), FUB , Sold Secure Silver (or Gold) or ART category 2 (or higher) used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. The bike must ALSO be locked to a fixed object (e.g. a post) at the time of the theft.
2. You must file a statement concerning the theft of your insured bike with the relevant police authorities within 24 hours.
3. You must supply the purchase invoice of your bike when filing a claim for compensation, as well as proof that you were still in possession of the keys to the bike lock at the time of the theft.
4. You must file your claim as soon as possible after the incident and within 8 days of the time when you became aware of the theft.
5. The information you supplied when taking out the policy must be accurate.
6. If the bike is more than 30 days old, you must supply photographs when taking out the policy.
Where does the coverage apply?
The theft and material damage coverage is valid for incidents in EU Member States, the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Andorra, Monaco, the Vatican, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino, and Switzerland.
Exclusions from the coverage
Find below the list of exclusions. If you would like more details or clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us, Qover will be happy to answer you.
1. The bike must be locked with a bike chain that is either of the brand ABUS, AXA Hiplok, Kryptonite, Linka (with chain), Master Lock, tex-lock, Trelock, Onguard, it is a VdS approved lock of class A+ or B+ or SRA, and must have been attached to a fixed point during the theft.
2. Wheels, tires, or the electric battery are not covered if they were stolen separately from the bike.
3. Aesthetic damage (scratches, dents, ...) is not covered.
4. Damage resulting from participation in a bike race is not covered.
5. See the complete list of exclusions in Qover's General Terms & Conditions.
What to do in the event of a claim?
Your bike has been stolen?
You must report the incident to the police within 24 hours and report the claim online (this takes less than 5 min).
Is your bike damaged?
You must report the claim online within 8 days of discovering the damage.
Whether your bike is stolen or damaged, experts from Qover will process your claim as soon as possible in order to calculate the compensation you are entitled to receive. You can relax, it will be quick.
How to cancel your contract?
1. You can cancel your insurance after one year. You must notify Qover of this at least 2 months before the expiry date.
2. You may cancel your policy if Qover changes the amount of the premium or the general terms and conditions.
3. You may cancel your policy at the latest 1 month after payment or upon the refusal to pay compensation. You can choose the cancellation period, but the contract ends at the latest at the end of the current insurance period.
4. You may cancel your insurance within 14 calendar days of purchase or of receiving the contract.
1. This page is a summary of the insurance policy, please refer to the terms and conditions for full details of your cover.
2. This insurance policy is managed by Qover S.A., a non-tied insurance agent authorised and regulated by the Financial Services & Markets Authority (FSMA - Belgium - registration No. 0650.939.878). Registered office: Rue du Commerce 31, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
3. In Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Finland and France, theft and material damage coverage is taken out with Nationale-Nederlanden Schadeverzekering Maatschappij NV under Dutch law, entitled to cover Belgian risks, insurance company registered in Belgium under code number 2925. Registered office: Prinses Beatrixlaan 35, 2595 AK 'S-Gravenhage, the Netherlands - Trade Register Number DNB 27023707, supervised by the Nederlandsche Bank. Nationale-Nederlanden Schadeverzekering Maatschappij NV is entitled to provide insurance distribution services in Belgium on the basis of the freedom to provide services.
4. In Ireland, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Italy and United Kingdom, theft and material damage coverage is taken out with Wakam. Wakam is a limited company registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Register (Registre du Commerce et des Sociétés) under number 562 117 085 whose registered office is located at 120-122 rue Réaumur, TSA 6023 75083 PARIS CEDEX 02, France. Wakam is licensed to carry on insurance business in Spain under the freedom of services and is registered in the General Directorate of Insurance and Pensions under the number L0645.
5. Bike insurance is a non-life insurance product (Branch 3).
6. This contract is entered into for a period of one year. It shall be tacitly renewed a maximum of four times for consecutive periods of one year.
7. TENWAYS and Qover are two mutually independent entities. The Qover’s insurance service presented on the TENWAYS website is only for providing enhanced convenience for our dear customers on behalf of Qover. The terms and obligations of the insurance contract will solely be borne by Qover.
8. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Qover support.